Thursday, July 19, 2018

Why do people say bad words?



      I’ve been in this world long enough to watch some changes happen. I saw one of the first televisions when they were made. Did you know there were no microwaves when I was a child? My mom made homemade bread and oatmeal cookies at least twice a week. She also made her own egg noodles and they were really good. You can’t find them in stores. Most moms stayed home every day while the dads went to work. I liked having my mom home. People talked nice words back then. I can’t remember hearing bad words very often. My dad would say a bad word if he hit his thumb with a hammer but he didn’t hit his thumb every single day.
     I remember when the first mom in our neighborhood went to work. It was kind of sad to me. I felt bad for her kids. I still had my mom home but I watched as the other moms in the neighborhood started going to work too. It grew slowly and people started to have more things; instead of one car for each family, they needed two cars because mom was driving one way to her job and dad was driving another way to his job. As people started to have more things, for some reason, they started saying more bad words. They seemed too tired to play with their kids or have family parties anymore. The world started to change and television was showing the changes. At first there were no bad words on television until one movie showed a man say a bad word. Some people thought the bad word made him sound strong, smart and kind of cool. I didn’t. I didn’t like it at all.
     When I went to school we got into so much trouble for saying bad words. It was not allowed. The high schools today have lots of bad words as the kids go from class to class. I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all. Good words are better!
     I really do love kids of all ages. I like to see them do their best. I like to see them talk their best. I like to see them try their best. It is not cool, smart or strong to say bad words. It is smug, rude, weak and makes it look like people never went to school to learn better words.
     I hope you will think about how your mouth should stay clean. We brush our teeth to stay clean. Why put bad words into your mouth after you clean it out… it’s like stuffing your mouth with garbage! I don’t like bad breath and you don’t like bad breath but that’s what will come out of your mouth if you use your words in the bad way. Every breath you take should be clean and pure. I want my air to be clean and pure. Don’t you want your air to be clean and pure too? It makes life so much easier if we can all breathe pure clean air. Nice words are so much better!

#dewcrewbooks #reactiveattachmentdisorder #developmentaltraumadisorder #complextraumadisorder #childrensbooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment