Friday, August 3, 2018

A Vortex?



     Have you ever wondered what will happen if one woman takes a child into her home when the mother of that child is still living or maybe even dead? Could it create a vortex? I am a believer in spiritual energy. I believe we are all connected in one way or another. I was thinking about the experiences I’ve had and what they are supposed to teach me. I believe every experience in life is supposed to teach me something about myself. I also believe every experience you are having was designed specifically for you.
     Let me tell you of one moment I have returned to in my memory many times over. It happened twenty-three years ago while I was visiting my sister at her home. I was in the process of trying to adopt two of the most gorgeous children on the face of this earth. I had promised myself that I would love these children as my own and give them the same opportunities I tried to give my other three children because they came from some really hard tests in life and I wanted to make everything better for them. It was at this time in my life my sister sat me down and started talking about a Chinese proverb she had heard of. The symbol for this particular proverb was two women standing under a roof together and it represented the starting of a war. She explained that by bringing two children from another mother into my home I was bringing the aura of their mother with them and that I would actually inherit some of her karma.  I brushed the thought away at the time but it came back to visit my mind on many different occasions. I even looked the proverb up on line to find out it was not a Chinese proverb at all but was originated from the English in 1417. The original quote was, “Two wymen in one house, Two cattes and one mowse, Two dogges and one bone, May never accorde in one.”
     I had another experience years later. I have a friend who is a medium. She’s had so many experiences in her life with things I can’t even begin to understand or explain. I know her experiences are real because I have actually witnessed a few of them while in her presence. People really are gifted with special abilities. I invited her to a place where people had been having some unusual experiences and asked her if she could explain why those things were happening. She told me to follow her through the areas I was speaking about but her direction was to remain silent as she was walking the areas. She started to explain in detail what was happening in each of the areas she walked through and she was on the mark each and every time. Her stories matched up to the stories of the others who had been there. She knew nothing about the areas before I took her there. She reached a spot in particular and stopped to feel what she called a “vortex”. She explained what a vortex was to me. She said it was like a whirlpool of air that had captured some very fierce emotions during some time in history. She talked to me about how energies are always flowing around us and it made total sense to me when she said sometimes when extreme energies are released then the vortex can become strong enough to remain stationed on earth. She explained the energy she was feeling was strongly evident of some horrible event in the spot she was standing in. She even likened it to a man being torn to shreds by a bear. Have you ever had one of those times when you are walking past a certain area and for some reason you know you should not be there? Could it be a vortex you’re feeling?
     I’ve had many humbling experiences in my life. I’ve looked back many times to think about why I was taught the lessons I’ve learned. We all learn different lessons and I believe there is a path that was created specifically for each and every one of us. I’ve thought many times about the lessons my sister and my visionary friend taught me. When things would go wrong with my little ones I would see how each and every experience with them was affecting the family unit as a whole. We became a vortex of energy swirling around each other in confusing and troubling ways. My first three children were affected greatly by the energies of my last two. My marriage was affected from the constant stresses of trying to melt our small unit together. I often thought back on my sister’s analogy of the two women under one roof. I only saw my children’s mother once in a court room when her parental rights were being removed from her. She was heart broken and ran from the room in tears. I was heart broken for her. We somehow became connected that day. Every time I looked into my beautiful children’s eyes I saw her tears reflecting back at me. I grew to love this amazing woman. I tried to find her once and was unsuccessful but she’s been there with me in my own little vortex.
     It’s hard explaining why life goes the way it does. It’s hard explaining why the vortex’s we create within families can actually create a vacuum effect of misunderstandings. As parents try to save one child they can be doing a whole lot of damage to another. The energies just swirl around like the tornado that lifted Dorothy to Oz. I’m still trying to find ways to make everybody comfortable in the situations that arise from within our family unit because we all think differently, we all feel differently, we all travel our life courses differently and we all want to succeed in our own travelled pathways. My belief of what will hold a family together is to love one another for the person each individual is. I’m never sure how my family will decide to feel about each of the other members but we have always tried to teach them to love unconditionally. Hopefully our world can become more kind and gentle to those of our families who walk the more difficult paths.
     If you are one of the families caught in your own vortex I hope you will stop and look at why each experience is happening to you. What can you learn from it? The lessons are there. We just have to figure out what we are supposed to be learning. I guess I’ll be learning until my dying day and even then… there will be a lesson for me as I take that last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment