Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Why "Rad"ical?

     I promised to write a blog for Granny Dew's "Rad"ical News. Still figuring this blog stuff out. Are you wondering why I chose the "Rad" in my news? It's because I have learned a lot about Reactive Attachment Disorder during this past twenty-four years and want to share a few things that I have learned along the way. The reason I wrote my children's book series is because of my experiences with children affected from RAD. They are great kids and can be pretty confused about life at times. Why are they confused? They started out with some traumatic experience in the first three years of their lives and it broke down some of the neurons in their brains. Trauma can happen if children witness war crimes, are born on drugs and/or alcohol, have a hard birthing experience, lived their baby years in orphanages, or have some major surgeries, etc... I belong to a few Facebook groups of parents raising children from trauma and it is a really hard job for all of the parents. I serve on the Parent Advocacy Council here in Utah and am the leader for the group of parents dealing with Reactive Attachment Disorders. If you are interested in finding out more about RAD feel free to join our Parent Advocacy Council-RAD site on Facebook. We share articles to help our world understand our children better. Hopefully it will help us to gain the services and insurance coverage our children so desperately need. I think this has been enough information for now but stay tuned because I have so much more to tell you!

#dewcrewbooks #reactiveattachmentdisorder #developmentaltraumadisorder #complextraumadisorder #childrensbooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment